Saturday, August 27, 2011

German Paper Scraps......Vintage Inspired Necklaces

Hello Housewives & Househusbands!
Today I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite crafting mediums, vintage German scraps.  I like to glitter them and then use them in all sorts of items.  The main place that I get these from is http://www.blumchen.com/ which is a holiday crafting site.  They're very reasonably priced and you can't find anything like these in your local hobby store.  These scraps are either vintage or reproductions of original German scraps from the early 1900's.  Below are some angel scraps from my craft room.


I also like to use postcard from the early 1900's that I find in antique stores. They are typically $1-5 each.  There are so many themes out there.  I like to collect the holiday ones and the "best girlfriends" styles.  You will get to see how I use these for crafting another time.  Below are a few of my favorite ones.



One last place for inspiration can be found at your local bookstore.  Below is an assortment of cards by Punch Studio which are inspired by paper crafts of the early 1900's. I Love, Love, Love these designs!


On to the necklaces.  What you need is a metal/glass charm to hold your pictures, necklace or ribbon, your favorite scrap, glitter, glue, and specialty paper.  Below are the supplies that I used.



Carefully cut out the scraps.  I like to use a crafting knife to get a good edge on it.  Make sure that your image will fit in the charm.  It's up to you if you want to glitter, but I recommend using Martha Stewart glitters and glues.  Then glue them to the paper, and cut to fit the charm.  You can even make them double sided if you want extra variety.  Put them in the frame and hang them on a necklace or ribbon.  These can also be used as a wall or window hanging.  And here they are.......

2 comments:

  1. I love these! How much are you selling them for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not for sale but they're super easy to make. Get inspired and go for it!

    ReplyDelete